Monday, October 3, 2011

Slide Rock by Emma

On our way to Phoenix we stopped at Slide Rock National Park. The weather was turning yukky, but since we had never done it, we decided to do it anyway.

I put a finger in to see what the water was like. It was pretty chilly. Mum videod Dad and Zak sliding down the smooth rocks. When Dad had got out, he let me sit on his lap to slide down. I sat on his lap and we slid down the rocks with the water rushing down it. The water was freezing and I slipped off half way through. I eventually managed to climb up onto the dry rock and walk over to the pool at the end. Dad pulled me into the water and then we paddled across a smooth but slippery rock. We had to take really small steps because you could easily slip.

I stiffened my chattering teeth and told Mum that she should go in. She did eventually. She slid in and went whooshing down the smooth rock squealing until she got to the pool at the bottom.

I slid in again with Dad, not falling off this time. When we were out again, we rather regretted it, as it did not warm up.

I thought I would have enjoyed the experience if the weather was nice and sunny.



Petrified Mum!

by Emma.

- Posted using BlogPress from Mum's iPad

3 comments:

  1. I think Mum was pretty brave to go down those rocks! Great Video of her doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Could not make out everything that Cathy was saying. Hamish says this should be on America's funniest home videos. Aaargh it's cooollld!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, Hamish here. We did that every morning at 6.00am on Outward Bound so what is all the complaining about over a little bit of fresh running water?

    ReplyDelete