Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Antelope Hill by Emma

We parked by Antelope Hill for the night. This was not a campsite. We just pulled off to the side of the dirt road we were driving on and stayed for the night. There was no one else around.

In the morning, me and Dad got up at about 7 and prepared for our hike. We got up and looked for Dave. He wasn't in his car so we started off without him. We had walked along the path and were almost at the base of the hill when we saw Dave and Gilligan on the path below. Dave was waving at us. When he had caught up with us, we started walking up the slope of the hill. It had all sorts of green plants and strange flowers. Gilligan was running along beside me. She seemed to be very energetic in the morning. When we got to the top I had biddy bids all over my shoelaces.we could see the RV, which was the size of a beetle.




We saw a tree that were growing upwards and then it got damaged; and then it started growing out the sides like a fork. There was also one that was growing in a complete loop before growing upwards again. When we walked back to the clearing on top of the mountain Dad gave me a chocolate bar which I definitely needed as I hadn't even had breakfast yet. One the way down I tricked Dad into giving me another chocolate bar because I was so hungry.

Me and Dad were a bit further down than Dave and Gilligan. Gilligan had found something. It was an elk's leg with hoof attached to the bottom. Dave was holding it and Gilligan was jumping up and gnawing on it. Gilligan thought that there were still some good bits on it that needed to be eaten.

On the way down, I asked if I could asked it I could have a third chocolate bar, but Dad said that he was going t keep it and eat it to keep himself awake when he was driving but in the end, he just ate it.

When we got down, we found Mum, Zak and Athena were still in bed. We grabbed breakfast and I had twice as much as I would usually eat. I was so hungry that day.

by Emma


- Posted using BlogPress from Mum's iPad

2 comments:

  1. This comment is from Uncle Hamish. Where are the antelopes if it is called Antelope Hill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the elks leg wasn't too smelly. Dogs usually like to roll in things like that. You must have used a lot of energy up to need so much breakfast

    ReplyDelete