Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Pacman

On Saturday 20th August we decided to make a Pacman. As Zak needed a costume for his school social. We decided to make it a Pacman because the costumes were supposed to be based on the 80's. Also Dad had showed me the game. We all had a good fair go at it but I can't say I was the best. I thought Dad was the best, until Mum topped his scores.
Dad and Zak designed Pacman, thinking of the best ways possible. Two of their designs were square boxes which I didn't like because they didn't look at all like Pacman. Both of Zak's sat on your head and Dad's didn't. Dad didn't fully get Zak's design, but Zak managed to explain. So we ended up using Zak's circular design, (although Dad had a circular design too). We went on a shopping trip to buy yellow and black card.
As soon as we were home we set to work, cutting circles and other shapes from the card. We used most of it. Partly because we needed it and partly because it was quite expensive. When we had finished cutting the pieces out we stopped for a food break. Then we used the hot glue gun to glue every thing together.
When it had dried me and Zak tested it out. Zak found out the hard way, that the arm holes were too small for him. But perfect for me! Zak panicked shrieked as Mum and Dad tugged the pack - man off. Eventually it came free. I quite enjoyed watching him, I found it funny and amusing as he always teased me. We made the arm holes bigger and Zak tried it on again, it fitted him.
He retested it at his school social, His friend Mat was wearing his Dad's Hawaiian shirt an Afro and some extremely large sunglasses! Mum said they really fitted in! They looked hilarious! When Zak came back it looked as though it had been tampered with. But in fact some large year eights had tried it on. I wondered if I could ever use it again. It looked a lot like it needed some tender, love and care.
By Emma

- Posted using BlogPress from Mum's iPad

1 comment: