Monday, September 26, 2011

Emma's Zipline experience

On Friday Aunty Leanne, Mum, Dad, me and Zak went zip lining at zip trek near the Whistler gondolas we went to the day before. I was very excited and not at all worried. When we got there the instructors went over the rules and helped us into their harnesses. Our zip lining instructors, Courtney and Jonny were very friendly.
We started off by walking up a steep path near a gondola. There was a warm up zip line that was 4 meters high. I went first. I got very excited and felt jumpy. I started to get excited butterflies in my stomach. Jonny tightened my harness and attached me to the zip line. Before I knew it I was whizzing along at full speed. I didn't put my arms and legs out to slow me down because it was too good. Before I knew it, it was over. Courtney detached me from the zip line. She told me to sit down on the log nearby. So I did, but I couldn't. I kept jumping up and down and trying to video my family.
No one was too frightened by it, so we carried on. We hopped in the zip trek bus. It took us all the way to the rainforest zip lines. Courtney told us some facts about the rainforest. Some of it confused me. But that didn't worry me! As soon as we got there, I hopped out of the back of the van and followed the instructors closely. I did this because I wanted to be first again. I had liked the first time very much and I thought I would like this one even better.
I did! Jonny said one of the trees tasted like bacon. For some strange reason Zak went up to it and licked it. He actually said that it tasted like bacon. Courtney said the next tree tasted like meatloaf. Zak licked that again. "Now he is addicted to trees", said Courtney.
Then we walked to our next zip line. Courtney harnessed herself onto the zip line and sped to the other side. I went first. Jonny harnessed me in. I had my camera dangling from the harness. I didn't take any photos. I sped to the other side almost as fast as light.
This one I tandemed last with Jonny. I gripped tightly onto a red rope. We sped across slightly faster than the last time.
On the the next ride we waited for everyone else to get across. Finally, last but not least, I wrapped my arms around Courtney's legs. We sped faster than light across to the other side. I think I went faster than with Jonny because rain was bulleting down on us.
Next was the free style zip line. You were allowed to go upside down if you wanted. I went somewhere in the middle. Jonny spun me upside down. I enjoyed the ride having never been flipped upside down zip lining before.
When we got to the other side, we started to walk back. This disappointed me as thought we were going to zip line all the way back.
We went to a small cabin like house. There were tree trunks stuck to the wall. Zak tried counting the tree rings.
For some reason Mum was quite frightened by it all, but I wasn't one little bit! I definitely wanted to do it again.


By Emma.


- Posted using BlogPress from Mum's iPad

3 comments:

  1. Great story Emma, you seem to be very adventuresome, not at all like your Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this Blog post Emma. It sounded like you had lots of fun and absolutely no fear at all. I think I would have felt a bit like your Mum did!

    ReplyDelete