Monday, September 26, 2011

Cycling the Golden Gate Bridge

In the morning, Dad, Mum, me and Zak went to the Apple Store to look at iMacs, iPad 2's, iPods and iPod nanos. The downstairs had iPads and iPods and iPod nanos. The upstairs you went up some glass stairs where all the iMacs were. Upstairs we looked at iPod cases which had all these different designs.

Next we went to a cooking shop where Mum got picnic knives of the colours red and yellow. We got a cable car to Blazing Saddles and met Simon, an old friend of Mum and Dads. I noticed he had a short ponytail but I didn't say anything because I thought my parents already knew that. Simon went on a single bike but the rest of us used tandems.

We walked our bikes for two blocks down and then hopped on near the seaside. We pedalled until we had a good view of the golden gate bridge. We took some photos of us in front of the golden gate bridge. A bit further on, Zak spotted four dolphins jumping happily in the waves. I was pretty sure they were Pacific Whitesided dolphins. We biked up a steep path that wiggled all the way back to the Golden Gate Bridge. As we biked along the breeze hit me like I was being knocked out cold although I already had my jacket on. We biked over the Golden Gate bridge passing some other bikes who had stopped to admire the view.


It was a suspension bridge, much bigger than the Capilano. Not long after that we hit the other side. Zak spotted a seal poking it's head out of the sea. It bobbed up and down as though to say "hello", "goodbye", "hello", "goodbye", "hello", "goodbye". We biked and biked and biked until we reached the seaside. We locked up our bikes, had ice creams, and headed back to the docks.

We queued up for the ferry. In a few minutes we had hit the decks. Up at the decks it was very windy and if it had not been for the string that tightened my hat onto my head, it would have blown off and never been seen again. Zak mucked around by the rails, while I tried taking photos of Alcatraz prison. It is not used anymore but visitors are allowed to go there and pretend to be prisoners for tours. Not long after that we found ourselves biking up to Blazing Saddles and hitting the finish line.

Emma.

- Posted using BlogPress on my Mum's iPad

2 comments:

  1. I went on a trip to Alcatraz when I went to San Francisco, it wasn't a very nice place. Great that you saw the dolphins and seals. Did you go down to the wharf and see them sunbathing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets very cold in San Francisco in the wind. The city reminds me of Wellington with all the hills, but on a much larger scale. Great that you got to see the dolphins and seal.

    ReplyDelete