Sunday, April 5, 2015

Melbourne, Australia Day 2


On Saturday we went to Healsville Sanctuary and met Freya, Aunty Rebecca and Uncle Rob at the entrance. After we brought tickets we went in and saw a zookeeper with a snake wrapped around her arm. We were allowed to touch it, the snake felt smooth and soft. The snake slithered up dad's arm. 


We saw some rather sleepy koalas and some cuddly looking wombats.

 

We also saw Pygmy possums, bilbys and other cute rodent- like animals.

We went to the bird show which was very cool. They showed lots of birds of prey including my favourite bird of prey the wedged eagle called Jess. I also like the colourful parrot. Freya's favourite bird was Kevin the talking parrot. Mum's favourite bird was Rusty the Australian kestrel. Dad's favourite was the same one as Mum. 

After the birdshow we went to an aviary where there was a treehouse type platform were you could see the birds from above. My favourite bird there was the lyre bird. Then we went to check out the gift shop and went home.




3 comments:

  1. Great photos Emma. I really like the one of the koala. I've been to that sanctuary and I enjoyed the bird show as well. Auntie tine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could do what Dad did with the snake, I would freak out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could do what Dad did with the snake, I would freak out!

    ReplyDelete