Friday, January 7, 2011

Mountain Biking - Bruce

I've done two rides this week. The first with Cathy, Zak and Emma at Woodhill and the second with my brothers David, Peter and Mark at Rotorua.

Both were notable for different reasons. The Woodhill ride I rode with Emma while Cathy and Zak took off ahead to do some extra bits. Em crashed... See her blog entry... I saw it coming about a split second before it happened but too late to do anything about it. She was good about it though and continued on with a good attitude after dusting off.

The Rotorua ride's most prominent memory is of how exhausted I was. I was kinda expecting that because I've ridden so little lately. Before I completely ran out of go, it was a great ride though. I haven't ridden there for ages and forgot what sort of trails they have. Unlike the sandy surface at Woodhill, Rotorua's trails are hard and fast and very twisty. There is also a lot more climb than at Woodhill which means a lot more good downhill too. No one crashed and everyone was very happy to get back into town for a big feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment